As my chicks grow...

And as I find more time to get creative, I thought I would share some of my creations, as well as my time with others. Hopefully I will make new friendships and create lasting bonds over paper, adhesive, and embellishments. So sit back, relax, and let's share...have a cup of coffee, or tea, or in my case a Coke...lol... and let's just have a blast creating, finding new projects to make together, and gathering our supplies for future endeavors!

Thursday, August 11, 2011

New Design Team post for The Robins Nest

Hi all! I made for you today a little desk set. With thoughts of school ( I always LOVED the start of school, and shopping for school supplies!) I just had to make something for say, a college or high school girl to take with her for notes and such...
Here is a pic of all the projects together...
I love, love, love the Little Girl Crown Glittered paper. First of all...this stuff is good quality! It is a nice heavyweight cardstock and the color is fabulous! I love chocolate brown and pink, add to that this is DOUBLE SIDED and wow....so, totally, LOVE IT!! (Huge smiles!)
So, on to telling you what I did!
This first piece is a covered notepad. I used a piece of the Little Girl Crown Glittered CS to cover an existing covered notepad. Now, I got the notepads at Target's Dollar Spot about  a year ago. I wasn't crazy about the pattern on the cover, but loved the size and the style...this little puppy was just made for me to restyle! And restyle I did! I added a scalloped circle punched from the other side of the same paper and then punched a smaller circle from, again, the same paper, making sure to keep the crown in the center. Then I used Mini Dewdrops in Pink Coral and glued them down with the Dew Glue (love this stuff, it is so awesome, and just the right size for the dew drops and the mini dew drops). I alternated the colors all around. Then I filled in around each dew drop and the center with Glossy Accents. I used velcro to attach the bottom of the scalloped circle to the flap on the notepad. All done, and SO CUTE!

Onto the next part....
I used the same paper on the post it note clipboard. One thing I LOVE about it, is...
it is reversible!!!
I used the same paper to cover the binderclip as well, and then put some mini dew drops across the middle of the clip. These are placed so that they do not interfere with the use of the clip!
I also used the same paper to make a matching pen. Just open the top of the pen, pull out the ink "part", wrap the paper around, and put back inside. All done in about 2 minutes!
Ok, that is all for now! Thanks for looking!
Mama Hen

1 comment:

  1. Very nice! Love those handy papers. I like the reveserable part too...LOL. Real nice job.

    ReplyDelete