As my chicks grow...

And as I find more time to get creative, I thought I would share some of my creations, as well as my time with others. Hopefully I will make new friendships and create lasting bonds over paper, adhesive, and embellishments. So sit back, relax, and let's share...have a cup of coffee, or tea, or in my case a Coke...lol... and let's just have a blast creating, finding new projects to make together, and gathering our supplies for future endeavors!

Friday, June 8, 2012

A little project i have done :)

I got these hangers as plain wooden ones at Micheals for $2.50 each...I bought 5 but only have pics of the one. Sorry :-!

So, I used spring green folk art acrylic paint to coat the hanger. I didn't sand it as I usually do, but it turned out ok.  :-)
I used 3 coats for good even coverage. I used the green patterned paper (will check on the pack it came from and add it once I can get to my craft area). I traced the outline of the hanger onto the paper and attached it with modpodge. I used my fingers to rub out the bubbles. I let that dry and then sanded around all the edges. I added a little paint to the edge of the paper to blend. Once dry I added my epoxy sticker and tied coordinating ribbon to the metal base of the hanging part of the hanger. Then I sprayed it with acrylic sealer. I did use 2 coats...note...please remember to do this part outside as the fumes can make you VERY sick.
Thanks for stopping by!
Mama Hen



1 comment: