Just wanted to pop in and show you what I have been working on the last few days.
They include a bunch of wooden flowers and bells and ribbons to decorate with, but I wanted something a little different. So....I painted the letters with acrylic paint. I have to say, I used Apple Barrel (Plaid), Folk Art, and Adirondack Acrylic Pain Dabber which I poured out onto a styrofoam plate and used a sponge brush to apply). Out of the three of them, the Adirondack is the BEST by far! I didn't need more than one coat to cover. It didn't use a lot of the paint. And, It looks great!
For the first letter, F, I sanded and then painted the letter with Red Apple. This one required a second coat. After I let it dry overnight, I used ModPodge to apply the patterned paper. This is from Anna Griffin but I am not sure of the name of the line.
I used flowers from Recollections Boutiqe Fleur, Prima Island Pastel (the yellow one, more about that later!), a few unknown flowers, and the smallest orange flowers are also Primas (Got daisies?). I also used rhinestoness from the dollar spot at Target.
The A is painted with the Adirondack Brights Acrylic Pain dabber (Sunset Orange). The flowers are the same as above.
The M is painted with Folk Art acrylic paint. It is a shade of pink, but I cannot remember the name, sorry. If I find it later I will add it! The flowers are the same.
The I is painted with the Adirondack Acrylic paint (Sunset Orange). I used ModPodge, once again, to attach the patterned paper (Anna Griffin). I also coated all the letters with a coat of Modpodge as a topcoat. I used the same flowers.
The L has Anna Griffin paper attached to it as well, with ModPodge, same line. The flowers are the same. I painted the L with the pink acrylic paint before doing anything else.
The Y is painted with the red acrylic paint. I used the most flowers on it, as I wanted a cascade of flowers to help pull the word "FAMILY" together. I used all the colors in the flowers that are on the other letters.
Now, about the flowers. I used Scarlet Glimmer Mist from Tattered Angels to spray the pastel yellow flowers from Primas Island Pastel collection. It made the flower a beautiful red orange and totally helped pull all the colors together. I used Ranger's Glossy Accents to adhere the flowers to the letters and to adhere them together.
The flowers that were from the Recollections Boutique Fleur were a beautiful shade of pink (which I didn't need to alter at all) and also a cream flower that I sprayed with the Scarlet Glimmer Mist. I also sprayed a few of the smallest orange flowers (from the Prima Got Daisies collection) with the Scarlet as well.
Thank you so much for looking, see you again real soon!