As my chicks grow...

And as I find more time to get creative, I thought I would share some of my creations, as well as my time with others. Hopefully I will make new friendships and create lasting bonds over paper, adhesive, and embellishments. So sit back, relax, and let's share...have a cup of coffee, or tea, or in my case a Coke...lol... and let's just have a blast creating, finding new projects to make together, and gathering our supplies for future endeavors!

Thursday, October 13, 2011

My favorite time of the year....coming quickly...

Ok, I admit it, I LOVE fall....it is my favorite season! And then, after Thanksgiving, my favorite holiday, Christmas!
So, I have been thinking Fall and Thanksgiving all week....and that is what I was working on...all week!
So, for my The Robin's Nest DT project, I continued with my "theme" of the week! 
It is a utensil caddy! I picked it up at Walmart, just plain, green, wire, and .... ugly...so I started to think what I could do...
I took the Robin's Nest Glitter Leaf double sided paper  and trimmed it down to fit the sides. I kept the leaf paper on the long sides, and used the opposite side for the short ones.
I punched holes in the top and bottom corners and tied them with green raffia. I trimmed the ends short and on one side (the side that will be on display) I covered the holes with Chipboard leaves (and they are gorgeous! LOVE that they are edged with glitter).
I used the Gold Glitter Letter Stickers to put THANKFUL on a Glitter Gold Journaling Block. I used Tim Holtz Distress ink in Vintage Photo to edge the journaling block.
I tied a piece of dyed seam binding to the top for a handle.
On the inside of the holder, I cut a piece of the  Glitter Leaf double sided CS and put it on the bottom (to be sure none of the silverware slides thru).
I used the striped side for the inside so no glitter would get on the utensils!
The best part? I can untie the raffia and attach Christmas patterned CS to the utensil holder after Thanksgiving!
Thanks for looking!
Mama Hen

18 comments:

  1. What a great way to hide the green wire! Very cute!!

    Glad to be in this hop with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am right along with you on fall being my favorite season as well!!!Love your creation, very creative!! TFS!! I have been a follower!!



    I am having a blog hop in November to celebrate me and mickey's (Mouse) Birthday and it is going to be so much fun and great talented Crafters!! Hope that you can make it!!

    http://ibecircled.blogspot.com
    ilovetonkinese2 at hotmail dot com
    Rexann♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful project and love the versatility. TFS.

    Kris
    dietzrobles at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clever idea. Thanks for sharing.


    Vicki
    vwilson577 at yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool idea and very pretty!
    Eva :0)
    evascrapslife(at)gmail(dot)com
    http://evasscrapsncards.blogspot.com
    I have a giveaway on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great idea!


    my-o-scrappin.blogspot.com
    smmyiow@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous idea. very creative. Love it

    Smiles Sher
    ShersL84bed@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great way to cover up wire basket. I love Thanksgiving also.
    KathyV
    Katsews at Gmail dotcom

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute! I love how you decorated it. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is so cute. thanks so much for sharing.


    http://racincrafts.blogspot.com/ or
    racincrafts at aim dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very clever! You did a great job!! I love your idea!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very functional and clever way to disguise the wire basket!

    ReplyDelete
  13. so cute and I just love these glittered papers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jan, I LOVE The Robin's Nest Glittered Papers! They are AWESOME!!! I have the link on the post above, if you get a chance, check them out!

    ReplyDelete