As my chicks grow...

And as I find more time to get creative, I thought I would share some of my creations, as well as my time with others. Hopefully I will make new friendships and create lasting bonds over paper, adhesive, and embellishments. So sit back, relax, and let's share...have a cup of coffee, or tea, or in my case a Coke...lol... and let's just have a blast creating, finding new projects to make together, and gathering our supplies for future endeavors!

Friday, September 9, 2011

A back to school project...

So, I made a few projects for the back to school set... and this is one of them!
I made this composition book, with some paper from my stash, sorry, I don't remember who it is from (if anyone knows, please post in the comments!). When I cover my composition books, I leave enough on the 3 sides to fold it over. Then, on the inside, I put a piece of coordinating cardstock to cover the edges of the designer paper.
I made this flower from crepe paper. I inked the edges with Brushed Corduroy and lightly brushed ink over the whole flower in Rusty Hinge. I used dewdrops from The Robin's Nest and secured them with Ranger's Glossy Accents. I used some red rhinestones to make the flourish.
I used duct tape (in tan or brown) to cover the spine of the book, it also reenforces it. Before placing the duct tape I took a piece of ribbon, about 12 inches long and put a few beads on the one end. I took another ribbon, about 14 inches long, and attached a few bead to it as well. I set these aside. I then took 2 more ribbons, one 1/8 inch red and one about 3/8" wide. I "dyed" the striped one with the Old Paper ink. I added charms, beads, and more beads and attached all the ribbons to the spine by sandwiching them in between the journal and the duct tape.
SO LOVE IT!!!!
I am entering this project in a few challenges this week:

1.Quick Quotes Blog Back to School Challenge
2.T.G.I.F. Linky Party
Leave me a little love if you liked my project! And check back later for more!
Mama Hen

9 comments:

  1. Great composition book and I like the charms you added. Thanks for playing along on the QQ Blog!
    Michelle (QQ DT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful composition book Kris! What a smart idea to use the duct tape to reinforce the spine!

    Thank you so much for playing along with us at Quick Quotes

    Melin
    QQ DT
    Melin
    Blog: CookingWithCricut.com
    Shop: PaperCraftingWorld.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a Gorgeous Composition Book this is! Love the flower and the charms hanging for a built in bookmark, what a great idea! And I would have never would have thought to use Duct tape to reinforce the binding but it suring makes sense (and there's so many cool colors that they make now) I'll have to try that next time I make one of these! So glad you joined us at the Quick Quotes school challenge and thanks for the inspiration!
    ((Hugs)) Theresa (QQ DT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. great idea with the duck tape! I love the big flower for the focal point of the cover. very pretty! thanks for playing along with us at QQ.

    Adora
    (QQ DT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous composition book. I love the large flower and all the beads and trims. Thanks for joining us at the QQ blog.

    ~Julie QQ DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. woozer, that compositon book is way cool, always love looking at your stuff

    ReplyDelete